The recession makes people rethink all of their spending, and no matter how pretty jewelry is, our spending on it takes a hit as well.
Designers and DIYers alike have all considered this change and started creating penny jewelry. Stacey Lee Webber, Nina Gibson, Kessef, and Lucky Accessories have all created versions of the look, with necklaces, bracelets and even cufflinks made from shiny pennies, as spotted by Trend de la Creme.
DIYers with some talents with metal can easily recreate the look for less, making it a great recession look. So ravage your change drawer and make some penny jewelry!
Coin Accessories for Fashionable Recessionistas
1. Recession-inspired Jewelry - Opportunity for jewelry designers and DIYers to create affordable accessories using unconventional materials in response to changing consumer spending habits.
2. Upcycled Fashion - Trend of repurposing everyday objects, like pennies, into fashion accessories, providing a sustainable and cost-effective alternative to traditional jewelry.
3. DIY Fashion - Growing interest in do-it-yourself fashion projects, offering individuals the opportunity to personalize their style and save money during a recession.
1. Jewelry Design - Jewelry designers can capitalize on the trend by experimenting with unconventional materials and creating unique pieces that cater to the growing demand for affordable fashion accessories.
2. Sustainable Fashion - Sustainable fashion industry can explore the use of upcycled materials like pennies to create eco-friendly and socially-conscious jewelry collections.
3. Crafting and DIY - Crafting and DIY industry can provide resources, tutorials, and tools for individuals interested in making their own penny jewelry, tapping into the growing DIY fashion movement.