The Panasonic hair-washing robot is a natural companion for the Panasonic wheelchair bed, and the makers hope that both will help to care for Japan’s growing elderly population.
The sophisticated elder-care system is designed to deliver the user from his or her transformer bed -- after it transforms itself into a wheelchair -- to the Panasonic hair-washing robot. The robot uses sixteen mechatronic fingers to wash and rinse the patient's hair. The system also records the biometrics of the head's shape and keeps track of head massage preferences and other patient information.
The Panasonic Hair-Washing Robot Helps Take Care of The Elderly
1. Elderly Care Robots - The development of robots to take care of the elderly is a new trend.
2. Mechatronic Systems - Mechatronic systems are becoming increasingly popular in fields such as elder care.
3. Patient Monitoring Systems - Patient monitoring systems are growing in importance in elder care facilities.
1. Healthcare - The healthcare industry is being disrupted by the development of robots to care for the growing elderly population.
2. Robotics - The field of robotics is being changed by the use of mechatronic systems such as the Panasonic hair-washing robot.
3. Technology - The use of patient monitoring and data collection is becoming increasingly important in the technology industry's involvement in elder care.