'Fiserv' recently integrated palm vein biometric technology into its online banking platform. While many financial institutions have introduced fingerprint-based passcodes, Fiserv has gone a step further by using an individual's palm print as a way of verifying their identity.
The new technology is called 'PalmSecure' and it involves a series of sensors that utilize infrared light to identify a user's palm vein pattern. The sensors generate a unique biometric template that is then matched against the palm print of a registered user. The process of scanning a user's palm takes less than a minute and can yield a match in mere seconds. Once a user has been identified, they can use the service to withdraw funds or access their safety deposit box.
The palm vein biometric technology gives consumers a secure option for accountholder verification, which ultimately helps to reduce the risk of fraud and identity theft.
This Online Banking Platform Uses Palm Vein Biometric Technology
1. Palm Vein Biometric Technology - The integration of palm vein biometric technology in online banking platforms opens up opportunities for enhanced security and identity verification.
2. Palm Print Verification - Financial institutions utilizing palm print verification can improve account security and minimize the risk of fraud and identity theft.
3. Infrared Palm Scanning - The use of infrared palm scanning technology allows for quick and accurate identification of individuals, enabling efficient and secure transactions.
1. Financial Services - The financial services industry can benefit from integrating palm vein biometric technology to enhance security measures and improve customer trust.
2. Biometrics - The biometrics industry has an opportunity to develop and provide palm vein scanning technology for online banking platforms, facilitating secure customer authentication.
3. Cybersecurity - The cybersecurity industry can capitalize on the need for secure palm print verification solutions, offering innovative tools and services to protect against identity theft and fraud.