A new waterproof camera is being developed for the iPhone called 'Outride' by Mophie. The new case allows the thrill-seeking user the unique opportunity to take their smartphone into the water to film and shoot any kind of action packed sporting event.
While the Outride is not yet released to the public, the concept is sure to be a top seller upon its release. Although it is very similar to the GoPro Action Shooter, the Outride offers an unique polycarbonate case and mounting system to protect the iPhone while in use. Furthermore, Mophie has taken it to upon themselves to also develop an app that allows for easy uploading and sharing of all films and photos taken using the Outride casing.
The Outride by Mophie is set to be released in mid-September.
The 'Outride' by Mophie Turns iPhones into Underwater Cameras
1. Waterproof Smartphone Cases - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing even more advanced waterproof cases for smartphones.
2. Underwater Camera Accessories - Potential for disruptive innovation in creating additional accessories that enhance underwater photography and videography with smartphones.
3. Action Sports Filming Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in advancing technology to capture high-quality action shots and videos in extreme sports.
1. Smartphone Accessories - Opportunity for the smartphone accessory industry to expand its product offering by developing and manufacturing waterproof cases and accessories.
2. Photography and Videography - Disruptive innovation potential in the photography and videography industry by creating new equipment and tools specifically designed for underwater smartphone filming.
3. Action Sports Equipment - Opportunity for the action sports equipment industry to collaborate with smartphone case manufacturers to create products that cater to thrill-seekers who want to capture their adventures.