Nike introduces a new tonal iteration of the iconic Air Presto sneakers as it drops the Origins colorway of the silhouette. This design nods to two decades and references the heritage of the model and the playful names of the many tonal versions that launched throughout the years.
This time around, the shoe gets an all-over print of the fun characters that nod to the plethora of colorways since the original launch of the shoe. The top of the sneaker has a slightly clear patch logo at the tongue and is offset by white laces at the forefoot. The sidewall paneling and the heel features a semi-transparent rubber material as well, focusing the attention at the bright patterning upper.
Image Credit: Nike
Nike's Air Prestos Get a New Origins Colorway for FW20
1. Heritage-honoring Sneaker Models - Opportunity for brands to create sneakers that pay homage to their iconic models and incorporate elements of heritage and history.
2. Origins Colorways - Brands can develop colorways for their sneakers that reference the original launch and celebrate the evolution of the model.
3. Playful Tonal Versions - Chances for brands to create various tonal versions of sneakers with fun characters and patterns, appealing to consumers' love for customization and unique styles.
1. Footwear - Potential for footwear brands to innovate by creating heritage-inspired sneakers that incorporate playful elements and unique colorways.
2. Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to collaborate with sneaker companies to design heritage-focused sneakers that align with their brand aesthetic.
3. Streetwear - Chances for streetwear brands to create limited-edition sneaker collaborations that showcase their unique design sensibilities while paying homage to the heritage of the model.