While most magazines take a rather flashy, glamorous approach to editorials, the Nylon December 2011 shoot takes an alternate route by showing a new form of the popular nerdy-chic style.
The series focuses on accessories and flamboyant makeup on model Dominique that, when combined, makes the shoot irresistible. Captured by Advan Matthew, the shoot flows with color, showcasing pink mittens, rad red scarves and black dapper jackets. Chosen by stylist Tiara Puspita, the accessories become a major point of focus in the shoot as they add a bit of razzle-dazzle to the hipster makeover. The big, bold earrings, rings and trinkets mix perfectly well with the winter outfits.
The Nylon December 2011 shoot strives to stand out from regular glamour shoots and brings in real geeky charm.
The Nylon December 2011 Issue Gets Nerdy Shades Shining
1. Nerdy-chic Style - Opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate geeky accessories and flamboyant makeup into their collections for a unique and appealing aesthetic.
2. Colorful Winter Accessories - Opportunity for accessory brands to create bold and vibrant mittens, scarves, and jackets to add a pop of color to winter outfits.
3. Hipster Makeover - Opportunity for stylists and beauty brands to create trendy and edgy looks that combine elements of geeky charm with fashionable clothing and accessories.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can leverage the trend of nerdy-chic style to create innovative and unique collections.
2. Accessories - Opportunity for accessory brands to design and produce colorful and eye-catching winter accessories.
3. Beauty - Stylists and beauty brands can tap into the trend of hipster makeovers to create edgy and trendy looks for a target audience.