This non-word dictionary takes all the forgotten and expelled words and compiles them into their own dictionary. There are over 150 words that have been immortalized through the old printing process (which is also a bit extinct). I would actually love to use the word 'polkadodge' which actually means "the dance that occur when two people attempt to pass each other but move in the same direction."
As a grad of English studies, words like these are priceless! Thankfully this non-word dictionary has kept all those misguided words and categorized them into one place. I can't wait to get my hands on this!
The Non-Word Dictionary is a Safe Haven for Non-OED Certified Words
1. Immortalizing Forgotten Words - Opportunity to create a digital platform or app that allows users to discover and learn forgotten words from various languages and dialects.
2. Reviving Extinct Printing Processes - Opportunity to develop new technologies that replicate traditional printing processes to preserve and showcase linguistic heritage.
3. Non-oed Certified Dictionary - Opportunity to create a comprehensive dictionary that includes non-standard or slang words that are not recognized by official language institutions.
1. Language Learning Apps - Disruptive opportunity for language learning apps to incorporate forgotten words into their curriculum and expand users' vocabulary.
2. Printing and Publishing - Disruptive opportunity for printing and publishing industries to explore and revive extinct printing processes for niche linguistic publications.
3. Lexicography and Linguistics - Disruptive opportunity for lexicography and linguistic research to expand beyond traditional vocabulary sources and explore non-standard language variations.