The NEXT Architects Möbius Strip Bridge is one of the most awesome, and confusing, bridges ever designed. The bridge is awesome., in that it is a functional model of a Möbius strip. It allows residents of Carnisselande an unobstructed view of Rotterdam, the Netherlands’ second-largest city.
NEXT Architects Möbius Strip Bridge is also confusing in that, despite how it looks from afar, it cannot be fully traversed all at once, unless you’re willing to walk upside down. The bridge is made from Corten steel that was weathered beforehand, giving the bridge a rugged, coppery look. Surprisingly, this bridge isn’t the first Möbius strip-inspired bridge designed by NEXT Architects. The architectural firm designed a bridge for the harbor of Changsha, China, inspired by the iconic infinite loop.
The NEXT Architects Möbius Strip Bridge Can't Be Crossed
1. Deceptive Design - Incorporate confusing and ambiguous elements in physical designs.
2. Möbius-inspired Structures - Design structures inspired by the Möbius strip, which can act as functional models while providing unique viewing experiences.
3. Infinite Loop Designs - Incorporate the iconic infinite loop design pattern into physical structures to create unique and mesmerizing experiences.
1. Architecture - Design architects can incorporate deceptive elements and Möbius-inspired structures to create unique and functional structures.
2. Tourism - Incorporate unique and mesmerizing designs into tourist attractions to attract more visitors and provide them with unique experiences.
3. Art - Incorporate confusing and ambiguous elements in art installations to challenge perspective and create new and unique experiences for art lovers.