Natalie Portman gave a womanly twist to the saying ‘pretty in pink’ in her stunning Rodarte gown at the Oscars this weekend.
Natalie Portman’s complimentary makeup was done with Chanel cosmetics by Jeanine Lobell who said, “The colour was a fantastic orchid. I wanted to do cool, punk rock, sexy fairy make-up.”
So there you have it, orchid and lavender fairy makeup for spring.
It wouldn’t be surprising if Natalie Portman’s entire Oscar ensemble sparks new fashion trends for the Spring/Summer 2009 season.
Following the pictures of Natalie Portman at the Oscars, the gallery shows a few feminine pieces from Rodarte’s Spring/Summer 2009 collection. Just like Portman’s dress, many of these pieces featured a wrap look, but while hers at a whimsical feel, the Rodarte SS 09 collection had much more of a punk edge.
Natalie Portman Was Pretty in Pink in Rodarte at 2009 Oscars
1. Feminine Punk Fusion - Incorporating the whimsy of wrap dresses with punk rock elements can be a disruptive innovation opportunity in the fashion industry.
2. Orchid and Lavender Makeup - Creating makeup looks inspired by these colors can be a disruptive innovation opportunity in the beauty industry.
3. Wrap Dress Resurgence - Bringing back the wrap dress style with modern twists can be a disruptive innovation opportunity in the fashion industry.
1. Fashion - Designers can explore creating feminine punk fusion collections, bringing back wrap dresses with a modern twist.
2. Beauty - Creating makeup looks inspired by orchid and lavender tones can be an opportunity for beauty companies to innovate.
3. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the potential trend of wrap dresses and feminine punk fusion styles in their inventory.