The website "MyCyber Twin" was launched in 2007 by Dr John Zakos and Liesl Capper. They combined many years of experience within the fields of Psychology and information technology to make the site a reality. The site is a virtual reality realm that allows you to create a clone of yourself that will interact with your family, friends and colleagues online on your behalf. This clone or twin learns how to represent you in the most accurate way by being exposed to such things as your emails, blogs, chats, and IM conversations. The more you expose your "twin" to your virtual life, the more it becomes you. As the "about" page of MyCyber Twin says: "Whether your friends want to have fun chatting to your CyberTwin or whether you are a busy professional or company with people wanting to talk to you, let your CyberTwin chat for you! It's a great way to let your personality shine on the web, get your message out there, promote your product, run a survey or have FAQs answered, in a humanized and natural way".
I really don't see how a digital clone can be "humanized" but that's the angle promulgated by this site. My thinking is that the degree to which we are becoming digitalized and therefore disarticulated from the real world is really something to be concerned about. I believe that this site and similar digital outfits have their purpose and their place but not at the expense of "real world" human interaction. But since the line between the "virtual" and the "real" world has become so blurred, I may just be beating a dead horse right now.
1. Virtual Reality Clones - The trend of creating virtual reality clones that can interact on behalf of individuals presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in personal communication and virtual assistance.
2. Personalized Virtual Representatives - The trend of developing personalized virtual representatives, like MyCyber Twin, can disrupt the way individuals interact online and provide a more personalized and efficient online presence.
3. Digital Identity Enhancement - The trend of using digital clones to enhance online presence and communication offers disruptive innovation opportunities for individuals and businesses in areas such as marketing, customer support, and brand representation.
1. Communication and Messaging - The communication and messaging industry can explore the use of virtual reality clones to enhance online communication and provide personalized experiences for users.
2. Virtual Assistants - The virtual assistant industry can leverage the advancements in personalized virtual representatives to provide more efficient and tailored assistance to individuals and businesses.
3. Online Marketing and Branding - The online marketing and branding industry can utilize the concept of digital identity enhancement to create engaging and personalized experiences for customers, promoting products and brands in a humanized and natural way.