The MOVband is a new pedometer aimed at combating childhood obesity by making it cool to be active. The MOVband was designed by a mother of three and fitness instructor who noticed that typical pedometers are clunky and not very stylish. This redesign adds a little flash to the age-old step counter by attaching it to a sleek wristband.
The MOVband aims to get straight to the source of childhood obesity and is available to schools via a loan program. The MOVband encourages kids to keep walking by offering a variety of wristband colors as incentives to hit certain step counts. The MOVband is also available for purchase as a standalone item and sells for $19.99 with new wristband colors going for $4.99.
The MOVband is Designed to Fight Childhood Obesity
1. Childhood Obesity Prevention - Parents and schools can capitalize on the trend of using stylish pedometers like the MOVband to encourage physical activity and combat childhood obesity.
2. Interactive Fitness Technology - The incorporation of wristband pedometers like the MOVband presents opportunities for the development of interactive fitness technology that engages and motivates children to stay active.
3. Incentivized Exercise Tracking - The MOVband's use of different wristband colors as incentives for achieving step counts opens up possibilities for other industries to explore similar gamified approaches to tracking exercise.
1. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can tap into the trend of using stylish pedometers like the MOVband to design innovative solutions for preventing childhood obesity.
2. Fitness Technology - The fitness technology industry can leverage the demand for interactive fitness technology by developing engaging and interactive devices similar to the MOVband.
3. Gamification - The gamification industry can explore the concept of incentivized exercise tracking, inspired by the MOVband, to create gamified platforms that motivate individuals of all ages to stay active.