Forget regular gingerbread houses, this Christmas it's all about modernist gingerbread houses. With designs that rival well-known feats in architecture, the Vancouver collective Creative Room has gotten some super talented submissions for their Gingerbread Competition and Charity Auction.
The competition challenges architecture firms to create the most unique and innovative edible abode. The submissions are then auctioned off to the portion of the public that likes a good treat, architecture and a good cause. This year the proceeds go to Architecture for Humanity. These modernist gingerbread houses are the perfect way to spread holiday cheer!
The Vancouver Collective Creative Room Charity Auction
1. Innovative Gingerbread Houses - Architecture firms are exploring innovative ways to design gingerbread houses, presenting an opportunity for culinary and design industries to collaborate and create unique holiday centerpieces.
2. Charitable Auctions for Artistic Creations - Charitable auctions are becoming more creative, such as auctioning off gingerbread houses created by architecture firms, signaling an opportunity for artists, bakers, and charities to collaborate in unique ways.
3. Fusing Food and Architecture - As designers create gingerbread houses that rival famous architecture, this presents an opportunity for the culinary and architecture industries to collaborate to create unique edible art and modernist buildings.
1. Architecture - Architecture firms have an opportunity to explore creative design options for gingerbread houses, creating unique holiday centerpieces.
2. Baking - Bakers can collaborate with architecture firms to create designer gingerbread houses, presenting an opportunity to explore the fusion of culinary and architectural design.
3. Charity - Charities can collaborate with designers and bakers to create unique fundraising events through the auction of designer gingerbread houses, presenting an opportunity for new and creative forms of fundraising.