The 2009 Vogue Paris Calendar, which was photographed by Terry Richardson, is represented by 14 uber models in skimpy pinup clothes and poses. The calendar is introduced by such ubermodel as Jourdan Dunne, Hanne Gaby Odiele, Anna Selezvera and Ali Michael, to name a few.
The roles and the sexy lingerie the models are rocking are kind of stereotypical. For example, Jourdan Dunn (7th image in the galley), who is dressed in a pink see-through teddy, is playing the role of a sexy nurse, Ali Michael (4th image) is a sexy cheerleader and Hanne Gaby Odiele is a sensual cowgirl--cowboy hat and all.
The models’lingerie and shoes were provided by Louis Vuitton, the stylist was Carine Roitfeld.
The 2009 Vogue Paris Calendar
1. Skimpy Pinup Fashion - Opportunity for designers to create modern and inclusive interpretations of pinup fashion.
2. Representation and Stereotypes - Disruption potential in breaking away from traditional roles and stereotypes in fashion photography.
3. Collaboration with High-end Brands - Potential for luxury fashion brands to partner with photographers and stylists for innovative calendar projects.
1. Fashion Design - Designers can explore new possibilities in creating contemporary pinup fashion that challenges traditional stereotypes.
2. Photography - Photographers can disrupt the industry by redefining pinup photography and challenging preconceived notions of beauty and sexuality.
3. Luxury Fashion - High-end brands can leverage the popularity of fashion calendars to showcase their products and collaborate with influential photographers and stylists.