Yesterday several Major League Baseball players were spotted using pink bats, yes PINK bats! It's all part of a Mother's Day campaign to increase awareness for breast cancer. The players signed the game bats, which were collected by MLB to be auctioned off with proceeds going to breast cancer charities. In addition to the pink bats, players all wore pink wristbands and ribbons on their uniforms. Louisville Slugger is also selling the â€œGoing to Bat for Breast Cancerâ€ bats on its site. Fifteen dollars of every purchase will be donated for the cause.
1. Pink Bats - Opportunity for companies to create and market pink baseball bats for a cause.
2. Breast Cancer Awareness - Opportunity for organizations to increase awareness and support breast cancer charities through creative campaigns.
3. Charitable Auctions - Opportunity for businesses to hold auctions of signed items to raise funds for charitable causes.
1. Sports Equipment - Opportunity for sports equipment manufacturers to develop and sell specialty pink bats for fundraising purposes.
2. Non-profit Organizations - Opportunity for non-profit organizations to utilize creative campaigns to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research.
3. Ecommerce - Opportunity for online retailers to sell charity-specific products and donate a portion of the proceeds to breast cancer charities.