New Balance is partnering with long-time collaborator DTLR to create a new version of the ‘990v3’ called 'Miami Drive.' The ‘Miami Drive’ colorway features heel panels with ‘990v3’ branding, dipped in pink accented with orange collars. Highlights of teal decorate the ‘N’ logo, the tongue, and parts of the heels.
DTLR credits inspiration for the shoe to the city of Miami, filled with “nightclubs, larger-than-life sports teams and endless hotties on beaches.” Designed to embody the energy of South Beach, the ‘990v3’ silhouette is bold and bright. In the past, DTLR and New Balance have created unique editions of the sneaker brand’s iconic silhouettes, including the ‘992,’ ‘2002R,’ and ‘997.’
The New Balance x DTLR ‘Miami Drive’ drops on May 27, 2022.
Image Credit: DTLR
New Balance Taps DTLR for a new Miami-Inspired Sneaker
1. City-inspired Sneakers - Collaborations between sneaker companies and retailers to create footwear collections inspired by major cities around the world.
2. Bold and Bright Colorways - New releases of sneakers featuring bold and bright colors, providing more options for customers seeking unique sneakers.
3. Limited Edition Collaborations - Exclusive drops of sneakers created through collaborations between sneaker companies and retailers, designed to cater to niche customer groups.
1. Footwear Industry - The introduction of city-inspired collections and bold colorways provides innovative opportunities to capture new customer segments and drive sales within the footwear industry.
2. Retail Industry - Collaborations between sneaker companies and retailers offer increased engagement with customers, higher product demand, and elevated retail experiences.
3. Streetwear Industry - Limited edition sneaker releases cater to niche customer groups within the streetwear industry, driving demand and building loyal customer bases.