Switzerland has employed Matternet's medical delivery drones to help quicken the delivery of urgent supplies between hospitals.
In times of medical emergencies, hospitals need to act fast in the transport of time-sensitive tools and materials. Although delivery vehicles can serve as an efficient means of transportation, the risk of getting stuck in traffic or enduring a flat tire could hinder the process. To make the process more seamless, Switzerland will be launching a fleet of medical drones, which have a quicker response time. Drones can be requested and launched through a mobile app, landing at a neighboring hospital with necessary supplies or medical samples locked in a "protection box designed to contain biohazardous materials." The box has a QR code on top, ensuring heightened security, and efficient results.
Matternet's Delivery Drones Will Aid Hospitals in Switzerland
1. Medical Delivery Drones - The use of medical delivery drones for transporting urgent supplies between hospitals offers a more efficient and faster response time.
2. Mobile App-based Request System - The implementation of a mobile app-based system for requesting and launching medical drones streamlines the process and improves efficiency.
3. Biohazardous Material Containment - The development of protection boxes designed to contain biohazardous materials ensures secure and safe transport of medical samples.
1. Healthcare - The healthcare industry can adopt medical delivery drones to enhance the speed and reliability of urgent supply transport between hospitals.
2. Technology - The technology industry has the opportunity to innovate and improve mobile app-based systems for requesting and launching drones in various applications.
3. Logistics/transportation - The logistics/transportation industry can explore solutions for developing specialized protection boxes for the secure transport of biohazardous materials.