As usual, Dolce & Gabanna’s Fall 2009 show was fully loaded with great fashion. This season, the wonder duo played homage to Marilyn Monroe by printing her face all over their fabulous clothing. We saw Lindsay Lohan rock one of these dresses for a recent Vogue shoot, and you can see the whole Fall 2009 collection in the gallery above.
Implications - This trend shows how iconic faces can be branded and rebranded in any industry. While Marilyn Monroe is an older icon, her face reveals connotations of glamor, sexuality and Americanness. Industries can incorporate modern-day icons into their advertising campaigns in order to associate their product with the characteristics of a certain celebrity.
Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2009 Show Highlights the Blonde Icon
1. Iconic Face Branding - Using iconic faces, like Marilyn Monroe, to create consumer associations in any industry.
2. Fashion Homage Collections - Designers paying homage to iconic figures through their fashion collections.
3. Celebrity-inspired Advertising - Incorporating modern-day icons into advertising campaigns to associate products with celebrity characteristics.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry creating collections inspired by iconic figures like Marilyn Monroe.
2. Advertising - Using celebrity-inspired advertising in any industry to create positive associations with products.
3. Entertainment - Paying homage to iconic figures through entertainment, such as movies or TV shows showcasing a particular celebrity's life or story.