Designers Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman looked to the sky for inspiration for the Marchesa Spring/Summer '16 collection. This collection -- composed of 33 looks -- offers elegant couture for the whimsical woman who is still rather elegant and put together.
After seeing what the designers call "a botanical menagerie of caged birds," the Marchesa Spring/Summer '16 collection came to life. This graceful line features 33 dresses which range in length, cut and style. The collection offers sassy cocktail dresses, voluminous ball gowns, ethereal mermaid dresses and a few sexy see-through pieces which are reminiscent of Versace's Fall '15 couture.
The avian theme is captured through fluffy feathered skirts, arched 3D embroidery and fauna -- which mirror the look of wings -- and easy flowing fabric such as chiffon.
The Marchesa Spring Collection Features a Beautiful Bird Theme
1. Botanical Menagerie - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Designing clothing collections inspired by nature, incorporating elements such as feathers, embroidery, and flowing fabric.
2. Whimsical Couture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating couture fashion that combines elegance with a playful and fantastical aesthetic.
3. Versace Influence - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Infusing see-through elements and bold designs into high-end fashion, taking inspiration from popular designer brands.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating avian and botanical elements into clothing lines to create unique and visually stunning designs.
2. Textile - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing new fabric technologies that allow for lightweight and flowing garments with a feathery appearance.
3. Luxury - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding the luxury market by offering high-end fashion with a whimsical and playful twist.