The dresses making up the Marchesa Resort 2014 collection look like something straight out of Marie Antoinette's closet. That is, if she lived today and not in the 18th century. Considering that the starting point for the romantic and ethereal designs was the gardens of Petit Trianon in Versailles, France, that is a natural comparison.
Designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig imbued the Marchesa Resort 2014 collection with tons of floral prints, lovely lace and soft silhouettes. Utterly feminine, the pieces are elegantly understated. Although there is the occasional full gown, the sweetness behind the design keeps any European flare in check. That is not to say that the pieces are meant solely for the everyday outing. In fact, the Marchesa Resort 2014 collection is perfect for a party.
The Marchesa Resort 2014 Collection Channels the Petit Trianon
1. French Garden-inspired Fashion - Opportunity for designers to create ethereal and romantic designs using floral prints, lace and soft silhouettes.
2. Elegantly Understated Pieces - Designers can create elegant yet versatile pieces suitable for everyday wear or special occasions.
3. Petit Trianon-inspired Designs - Opportunity to create designs based on historical elements and French landmarks.
1. Fashion - Creating clothing designs that are feminine, versatile and historically-inspired.
2. Event Planning - Incorporating the Marchesa Resort 2014 collection designs into garden-themed events.
3. Tourism - Promoting fashion designs inspired by French landmarks to entice tourists and drive sales.