Geometry, proportion and fashion come together more than ever in a sublime balance in the Maison Rabih Kayrouz Resort 2017 collection. Clean lines, neon colors, poplin and satin, oversized pockets, powerful points of impact, perfectly tied knots in sculptural bows, exposed shoulders, minimalist folds all give the feeling of an art exhibition in motion.
The designer took inspiration from the functionality of uniforms. Simple shapes and different techniques led to a feminine and utilitarian collection for every modern fashionista who also wants to feel comfortable wearing exquisite clothes. "All of a sudden, the same item of clothing has two different functions," Rabih Kayrouz explains his Maison Rabih Kayrouz Resort 2017 collection.
These Maison Rabih Kayrouz Garments Explore Geometry and Proportion
1. Sculptural Fashion - Incorporating geometric and proportional shapes into fashion design for a unique, art exhibit-like appearance.
2. Utilitarian Uniforms - Drawing inspiration from function and simplicity in uniform design to create comfortable yet feminine fashion collections.
3. Minimalist Folds - Employing minimalist fold techniques to accentuate and create eye-catching fashion designs.
1. Fashion - Exploring mixed materiality, minimalist folds, and asymmetrical forms in womenswear and high fashion design.
2. Retail - Incorporating sculptural shapes and unique fabric blends into clothing lines to stand out and draw in customers, while focusing on comfort and wearability.
3. Art and Design - Drawing inspiration from geometry, proportionality, and uniform design to explore their application in fashion design as moving art pieces.