The Fall/ Winter 2015 debut of the Maison Margiela Furry Heels captivated shoes lovers everywhere. Coming in seafoam green, charcoal black and sandy beige, the furry friend footwear channels the likes of Cousin It from the Adams Family. Every inch of the heel is drowning in long fur, allowing it to cascade down the heel and brush the ground as one walks. The Maison Margiela Furry Heels are shaped like a mule but resemble more like a slipper than anything else.
Since naming John Galliano as Creative Director for the Belgian brand, Maison Martin Margiela dropped its famed middle name. The infamous designer has invigorated the brand, making drastic changes like fury heels to entice new consumers and fans.
The Maison Margiela Furry Heels Channel 'Cousin It' From the Adams Family
1. Furry Footwear - The trend of furry footwear can be leveraged by fashion brands to create new and exciting designs for consumers.
2. Novelty Heels - The trend of designing heels with unique and unconventional materials allows for disruptive innovation in the footwear industry.
3. Slipper-mule Hybrid - The trend of creating slipper-mule hybrid footwear provides an opportunity for footwear brands to create comfortable yet stylish designs.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can capitalize on the trend of furry and novelty footwear to attract new consumers and increase sales.
2. Footwear - The footwear industry can disrupt conventions by exploring unconventional materials like fur in designing heels or new hybrid designs.
3. Luxury - Luxury brands can incorporate unique and unconventional materials like fur to create high-end and stylish footwear designs for their consumers.