Designed as part of his 'Through the Looking Glass' collection, this leather lion necklace by Andres Gallardo celebrates baroque opulence.
With the growing popularity of baroque imagery, luxury labels like Versace and Dolce & Gabbana are bringing this opulent aesthetic back into the style spotlight.
Andres Gallardo is another designer to reference vintage baroque imagery and updates the aesthetic in his latest design. The black, leather-made lion necklace features white porcelain and gold toned metal accents.
The statement accessory is adorned with porcelain star shapes and a large lion relief that is its most vivid detail. Though embracing classic opulence, this accessory modernizes baroque motifs and replaces traditional gold with a modern combination of black and white tones.
This Leather Lion Necklace by Andres Gallardo Embodies Opulence
1. Baroque Revival - As luxury labels like Versace and Dolce & Gabbana popularize baroque imagery, there is an opportunity for designers to create modern accessories inspired by the opulent aesthetic.
2. Updated Vintage - Designers like Andres Gallardo can update vintage designs with modern materials and color palettes, creating statement accessories that appeal to a contemporary audience.
3. Elevated Statement Pieces - The use of porcelain and metal accents in this leather lion necklace by Andres Gallardo showcases a trend towards elevated statement pieces that combine multiple materials for a dramatic effect.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can embrace the trend of baroque revival by incorporating opulent patterns and motifs into their designs for clothing and accessories.
2. Jewelry - There is an opportunity for jewelry designers to create elaborate statement pieces like the leather lion necklace by Andres Gallardo that combine materials like porcelain and metal in unexpected ways.
3. Home Decor - Baroque motifs and opulent imagery can also be incorporated into home decor products like wallpaper, textiles, and decorative items for a luxurious and sophisticated look.