Since social networking has become such an integral part of the Internet's global population, Bump.com incorporated license plate recognition technology to utilize plates as an e-mail, phone number and IP address identifiers.
Drivers who sign up online can get their plates read by markers that can view five plates per second at 150 mph. They will be able to receive roadside assistance and can constantly communicate with each other. The new integrated license plate recognition can do a variety of productive tasks.
'Bump' Utilizes License Plate Recognition to Connect
1. Connected License Plates - Opportunity to incorporate license plate recognition technology for personal communication and roadside assistance.
2. Social Networking on the Road - Opportunity to use license plates as a means for drivers to communicate with each other while on the road.
3. Digital License Plate Userid - Opportunity to use license plates as a unique digital identifier for roadside assistance and other digital services.
1. Automotive Industry - Opportunity to incorporate license plate recognition technology into modern car systems for improved communication and safety features.
2. Technology Industry - Opportunity to develop software and hardware for license plate recognition technology to support new digital services.
3. Insurance Industry - Opportunity to use license plate recognition technology to streamline roadside assistance services and reduce response times.