The Lexington Fall/Winter 2011 collection featured a tom-boy-chic style. Large-knit scarves, casual sweaters and loose-fitting jeans took to the runway.
The line presented typical winter hues of gray, beige and brown. Knits were prevalent in the fashions, from sweaters and dresses right down to the socks. The Lexington Fall/Winter 2011 collection also included cute denim pieces and knit staples.
Implications - Products such as this collection demonstrate that there are consumers who believe that fashion is about more than flashy or ostentatious fabrics. For these consumers, comfort and relaxation are the calling cards of the desirable. Companies that are willing to accommodate this emerging perspective are far more likely to stand out from the crowd.
The Lexington Fall 2011 Line Brings Cool and Casual Style
1. Tom-boy-chic Style - Opportunity to create more fashion lines that target consumers that prefer comfort and relaxation more than flashy or ostentatious fabrics.
2. Large Knit Scarves - Opportunity for companies to invest in trendy knitwear designs as they have demonstrated prevalence in fall and winter collections.
3. Knit Staples - Opportunity to develop versatile knitwear that can be incorporated in different fall and winter outfits.
1. Fashion Industry - Companies in the fashion industry should invest in creating clothing lines that focus on delivering comfort and simple fashion designs to capture the attention of consumers who desire such style.
2. Textile Industry - Opportunity for textile companies to specialize in producing versatile, trendy knitwear designs that can be incorporated in multiple fashion outfits.
3. Retail Industry - Opportunity for retail companies to attract new customer markets by selling trendy comfortable clothing lines such as Tom-boy-chic style.