James Farrar, Jourdan Copeland, Harry Scola and a slew of others top models channel flamboyantly dressed wrestling stars as they pos in a Laurence Ellis i-D magazine feature editorial.
The models are outfitted by stylist Elgar Johnson who hand picks their designer-enriched wardrobe staples. From John Galliano's electric hued statement tees to Versace's embellished vests and opulent belt accessories, this couture sportswear editorial displays a 'more is more' visual aesthetic.
Featured in the publication's Spring 2013 issue, the Laurence Ellis i-D magazine feature editorial's title asks one 'Would You Rather Play It Safe And Be Good, Or Take A Chance And Be Great?'. From its luxe designer wardrobe to its brightly hued backdrop, this over-the-top fashion story exudes a loud and flamboyant air.
The Laurence Ellis i-D Magazine Feature Celebrates Sporty Styling
1. Sporty Couture Wear Trend - There may be an opportunity for sportswear designers and apparel businesses to expand their market by incorporating flamboyant designs and luxe materials into their products as consumers embrace a more flamboyant style.
2. More-is-more Visual Trend - With consumers seeking more vibrant and excessive designs, there may be an opening for designers to push their creative boundaries in creating something visually luxurious and flamboyant.
3. Wrestling-inspired Fashion Trend - Designers and fashion businesses may be able to tap into the wrestling genre and create bolder, more exciting apparel with the use of vibrant colors and eye-catching embellishments.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry could capitalize on incorporating flamboyant, wrestling-inspired designs with luxurious materials to cater to a growing audience looking for more daring and extravagant designer clothing.
2. Sportswear Industry - The sportswear industry could capitalize on incorporating flamboyant, wrestling-inspired designs with luxurious materials to cater to a growing audience looking for more daring and extravagant activewear.
3. Photography Industry - The photography industry may have the opportunity to experiment with over-the-top, flamboyant designs to create more dynamic and edgy fashion editorials, potentially attracting more clients who seek bold and visually appealing content.