Opportunities for Latin American financial services companies is skyrocketing as the continent is experiencing a renaissance in the world of e-commerce and online payment systems. MercadoLibre -- an online marketplace with headquarters in Buenos Aires, is at the helm of this revolution as it strives to "keep pace with other global mobile payment leaders such as Alipay, WeChat Pay, [...] Square," and so on.
MercadoLibre boasts a mobile-centric financial services platform that is dubbed MercadoPago. The feature allows consumers to "process payments and obtain credit" in an efficient and convenience-focused manner. Moreover, the company is always attempting to disrupt and, as per an article from Crowdfund Insider, MercadoLibre is "testing its QR code payments technology in Brazil."
Photo Credits: Shutterstock
MercadoPago is a Secure & Convenient Service by MercadoLibre
1. Latin American E-commerce - Opportunity for financial services companies to provide secure and convenient online payment solutions in the growing Latin American e-commerce market.
2. Mobile-centric Financial Services - Opportunity to develop innovative mobile payment platforms like MercadoPago that offer efficient and convenient payment processing and credit services.
3. QR Code Payments - Opportunity to disrupt the payment industry by introducing QR code payment technology in countries like Brazil.
1. Financial Services - Financial institutions can capitalize on the rising demand for online payment systems and credit services in Latin America.
2. Technology - Opportunity for tech companies to develop and integrate QR code payment solutions into existing payment platforms.
3. Retail - Retailers can benefit from offering convenient and secure online payment options to attract and retain Latin American customers.