Diamonds might be one of the most coveted jewels in the world, but is it also shrouded in controversy from what it is actually worth to the lengths people go to get their hands on them; Kryston by Daniela Valle, a jewelry designer based in Monterrey, Mexico, is a stunning alternative. Made out of gold-plated metal, it takes on the silhouette of a diamond while also incorporating cutouts to embrace the jewel's defining facets.
Kryston by Daniela Valle is meant to be a pendent, but as shown in the designer's images, it can also be worn as a bracelet. She writes, "Where in the abstraction of the pendant I found myself; unstable at times and quite strong to move on and shoot on the lights to life."
Kryston by Daniela Valle is a Modern Alternative to the Gem
1. Sustainable Jewelry - The use of alternative materials like Kryston can disrupt the diamond industry with sustainable solutions.
2. Minimalist Jewelry - Kryston's unique design can spark a trend in minimalist jewelry that embraces negative spaces and geometric shapes.
3. Customizable Jewelry - The cutouts in Kryston's design provide an opportunity for customizable jewelry that can be personalized to fit an individual's style.
1. Jewelry - Kryston's diamond-silhouette metal jewelry can disrupt the traditional diamond industry by offering a more affordable and sustainable alternative.
2. Fashion - The unique design of Kryston's jewelry can influence the fashion industry by sparking a minimalist jewelry trend that emphasizes geometric shapes and negative spaces.
3. 3D Printing - The design of Kryston's jewelry lends itself to opportunities in 3D printing technology, allowing for customizable and unique pieces to be easily created.