The KD7 Good Apples shoe is a show that was inspired by Durant's penchant for comparing picking apples in an orchard to competing at the highest level of basketball. "I approach scoring like apple picking," Durant once said. "Keep the good ones and leave the rotten ones."
The shoe is the latest version of Durant's signature shoe, which brings together high-performance innovation with inspiration from Durant's journey on and off the basketball court. The shoe features appropriate splashes of red and green.
Durant's apple analogy is not too far-fetched. It essentially drives home the point that it's better to eat 30 good apples than eat 20 good ones and 20 bad ones. In other words, shooting success is all about playing a percentage game.
The KD7 Good Apples shoe went on sale October 4.
The KD7 Good Apples Feature Bright Red and Green Splashes
1. Basketball-inspired Footwear - Opportunities exist for footwear companies to create high-performance basketball shoes inspired by different aspects of the game.
2. Athlete-inspired Design - Innovative shoe designs can be created by focusing on an athlete's personal journey and experiences as inspiration.
3. Color Splashes - Colorful accents can be added to footwear to pay homage to a product's inspiration and make it more visually interesting to consumers.
1. Footwear - Footwear companies can leverage inspiration from athletes and different sports to create innovative products that appeal to consumers.
2. Athletic Apparel - Apparel companies can work together with footwear companies to create cohesive, functional gear for consumers based on different sports and athletes.
3. Sports Marketing - Marketing agencies can help athletes and their products stand out in a crowded market by leveraging unique features and personal stories.