The latest collection of Je Suis Belle is not only different from the past, but also contrary to their name, which in English means “I am beautiful.”
Of course, it all depends on your interpretation of beautiful. Although there is some color with Je Suis Belle’s A/W ‘09 collection, there is still a definite sense of foreboding and darkness to the clothing.
The pleats on the clothing also seem to add to the mystique, suggestively adding to the disturbing look being portrayed.
Je Suis Belle's Foreboding A/W ‘09 Collection
1. Headless Fashion Campaigns - Je Suis Belle's lack of a model's head in their campaign video could spark a trend towards more unconventional marketing techniques.
2. Dark and Disturbing Fashion - Je Suis Belle's A/W '09 collection may signify a trend towards darker aesthetics and gothic-inspired fashion in the fashion industry.
3. Embracing Unconventional Beauty - Je Suis Belle's contradiction of their name with their darker collection could encourage a trend towards the celebration of unconventional beauty in the fashion industry.
1. Fashion Industry - Je Suis Belle's unique campaign and collection embodies disruptive opportunities for unconventional marketing and design in the fashion industry.
2. Advertising and Marketing Industry - Je Suis Belle's headless fashion campaign video could spur on a trend of bold and unconventional marketing techniques in the advertising industry.
3. Beauty and Cosmetics Industry - Je Suis Belle's embracing of unconventional beauty could provide opportunities for innovation in the beauty and cosmetics industry, particularly in terms of alternative beauty standards.