One look at the Jason Wu Pre-Fall 2012 collection makes it quite clear to fans that the designer is not one to follow fads. It is also very apparent that Mr. Wu is not a fan of dressing down. There are no casual t-shirts and jeans here, which is a great reflection of where fashion is headed.
Gone are the days of boho-chic fashions. The Jason Wu Pre-Fall 2012 collection demonstrates that dressing up, even for daytime, is simply the new norm.
“Dressing up is the thing now,” Wu tells Vogue.com. “People no longer dress for an occasion because every day is an occasion; there’s no hard line between day and evening.”
Check out the Jason Wu Pre-Fall 2012 collection for some sophisticated and timeless inspiration.
The Jason Wu Pre-Fall 2012 Collection is All About Dressing Up
1. Indulgent Daywear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating luxurious and glamorous daywear options for consumers who want to feel indulgent even during casual occasions.
2. Dressing for Every Occasion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Designing versatile fashion pieces that can seamlessly transition from day to evening, catering to the modern consumer's desire for effortless style.
3. The End of Casual Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing a new wave of fashion that rejects casual attire and embraces a more polished and sophisticated aesthetic for everyday wear.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Focusing on luxury brands and designers to create high-end daywear options that cater to the growing demand for elegant and elevated everyday fashion.
2. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Rethinking the traditional retail model to offer curated collections of indulgent daywear, providing consumers with a unique and exclusive shopping experience.
3. Textile - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing new fabrics and materials that combine comfort and luxury, offering consumers daywear options that are both stylish and comfortable.