Musician and actor Jared Leto was captured by photographer Kenneth Cappello in a playful photo shoot for GQ Style Italy Fall/Winter 08-09.
The shoot features the star pretend-chocking himself, climbing trees and laying on the pavement.
Jared was styled by Sally Lyndley, and I particularly like his fun sunglasses.
Implications - An editorial such as this has the dual advantage of conveying youthful energy while also featuring a celebrity. Consumers -- especially those who are young -- are definitely drawn to photography that highlights pop culture while simultaneously informing them about upcoming styles and fashion. The result is that consumers are so entertained by the images that they don't always realize they are being advertised to in the first place.
Jared Leto Fools Around for GQ Style Italy
1. Youthful Energy in Advertising - Using playful and vibrant photography in advertising can capture the attention of young consumers and inform them about upcoming styles.
2. Pop Culture Influenced Fashion - Incorporating celebrities and pop culture references into fashion photography can attract consumers who are drawn to popular trends.
3. Entertainment as Advertising - Using entertaining and engaging imagery in advertisements can capture consumers' attention and make them more receptive to marketing messages.
1. Fashion Advertising - The fashion industry can leverage playful and vibrant photography to attract young consumers and promote upcoming styles.
2. Pop Culture Marketing - The entertainment industry can incorporate celebrities and pop culture references into advertising to appeal to consumers who follow popular trends.
3. Creative Advertising - Various industries can use entertaining and engaging imagery to capture consumers' attention and create more impactful advertisements.