Jacquemus has announced an upcoming partnership with sneaker giant Nike. In the press release, Simon Porte Jacquemus expressed that a lot of his inspiration comes from vintage Nike ACG pieces and campaigns from the ‘90s.
Nike ACG is a subsidiary line of Nike that focuses on producing athletic apparel and sports gear, and the new Jacquemus collaboration utilizes the Nike ACG heritage to redefine the ready-to-wear category of clothing.
“It was important for the collection to be accessible, for all bodies, and to be a natural blend of Jacquemus style and Nike performance,” stated Jacquemus. The two brands have released a teaser image and video ahead of the collection’s release, expected on the Jacquemus website on June 28, 2022.
Image Credit: Jacquemus, Nike
Jacquemus and Nike Tease a New Ready-to-Wear Collaboration
1. Vintage Luxury Collaborations - Luxury fashion brands collaborating with heritage athletic brands to create reimagined apparel.
2. Redefining Ready-to-wear - Using archival heritage pieces to create accessible, all-body, high-performance fashion.
3. Nostalgia-inspired Collections - Archival fashion campaigns from the ‘90s inspire modern collaborations and renew interest in retro wear.
1. Fashion - Luxury fashion brands can partner with heritage athletic brands to create new collections that redefine the ready-to-wear market.
2. Athletic Apparel - Heritage athletic brands can repurpose archival designs for contemporary collections with higher fashion appeal.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Nostalgia marketing and archival campaign revival can be used to spark renewed interest in vintage fashion and collaborations.