The thinness of the new Macbook Air, and its ability to fit into a manila envelope (as illustrated in its commercial) inspired this carrying case design by London-based designer Michael Leung. The Mac Bag is 34.5 x 24.7 x 22 mm, water resistant and constructed with waxed cotton, felt lining, and plastic & rubber cord. It is the perfect compliment and companion to the Macbook Air.
If you are a lucky owner of a Macbook Air and want this stylish bag, you better order pronto because they are making only 50 bags for 2008.
The Macbook Air was the reason behind singer Yael Naim's sudden jump to #1 on iTunes chart and #9 on Billboard Hot 100 this week. Read our Trend Hunter story for more details:
Mac Bag for Macbook Air
1. Thin-tech Accessories - The trend of creating thin and compact accessories that complement the sleek designs of modern devices like the Macbook Air.
2. Envelope-inspired Designs - The trend of drawing design inspiration from unique objects like the Manila envelope, as seen in the Mac Bag.
3. Limited Edition Exclusivity - The trend of creating limited edition products to generate scarcity and exclusivity among consumers.
1. Tech Accessories - The tech accessory industry has the opportunity to innovate and create more thin and compact accessories that perfectly complement the design of modern devices, such as the Mac Bag.
2. Fashion Accessories - The fashion accessory industry can explore envelope-inspired designs and incorporate elements like waxed cotton, felt lining, and unique cord materials.
3. Collectibles - The collectibles industry can take advantage of the limited edition trend by creating exclusive and scarce products, satisfying the demand for unique and rare items like the limited edition Mac Bags.