Waking up in the morning is hard enough, but having to dress yourself is a whole other ball game and the Hermès Men Etcetera advertisement demonstrates just that. The social media-fueled video follows a young man as he is about to leave his house. While checking in the mirror before exiting the house, he captures another version of himself starring back at him. This version is wearing a different outfit—multiplying into three different mirrors with six different outfits.
The Hermès Men Etcetera advertisement beautifully captures the essence of the modern man. By showcasing one man being versatile enough to wear any look from the Fall/Winter 2014 collection, Hermès is able to market more than one look per consumer. By the end of the advertisement, the young man is changed into a different outfit and ready for his day.
The Hermès Men Etcetera Feature Captures Multiple Personalities
1. Multiplex Mirror Advertisements - We anticipate companies will start using multiplex mirrors to showcase multiple looks per consumer and drive sales.
2. Social Media-fueled Videos - We predict that social media-fueled videos will take over traditional forms of advertising, as consumers are more inclined to watch social media content.
3. Versatility Marketing - We see the opportunity for companies to market versatility by showcasing how a product can be used or worn in multiple ways.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retail businesses can use multiplex mirrors and social media-fueled videos to showcase their merchandise and boost sales through brand awareness and customer loyalty.
2. Advertising - The advertising industry can leverage social media channels to create brand awareness and drive sales through creative and engaging video content.
3. Technology - Technology companies can play a key role in the development of interactive and innovative mirror systems to enhance the shopping experience and create opportunities for personalized customer engagement.