This peculiar urinal design from Kaspars Jursons features a built-in sink. The idea behind this interesting design is to encourage hand washing in the men's room. Some men are lazier than others. Walking to a sink ten steps away might seem like a hassle, but this design removes laziness as an excuse for poor hygiene.
This hybrid urinal design is called 'STAND.' The sink sits above the urinal, in a way that sort of separates it from the business end of these bathroom stations. While this is definitely a clever way to encourage hand washing after using the bathroom, it could quickly turn into an unsanitary mess if someone's aim was a little off (which is a real possibility at establishments that serve liquor.)
The STAND urinal design was created to promote sanitary bathroom habits, which is something I can get behind.
These Urinals Have Built-In Sinks to Encourage Hand Washing Among Men
1. Built-in Sink Urinals - The rise of built-in sink urinals is disrupting the traditional bathroom fixture industry by offering a solution to promote sanitary behavior among men.
2. Hygiene-focused Restroom Designs - Hygiene-focused restroom designs are disrupting the commercial and public restrooms industry by reshaping the perception of bathroom experience as a safe and healthy space.
3. Innovative Public Health Solutions - The emergence of innovative public health solutions through the integration of technology and design is offering new opportunities for companies to make meaningful impacts in improving sanitation practices in shared spaces.
1. Bathroom Fixtures - Bathroom fixture manufacturers can capitalize on the disruption caused by built-in sink urinals by innovating their product lines to cater to hygiene-focused consumers.
2. Commercial and Public Restrooms - The commercial and public restrooms industry can take the lead in adopting hygiene-focused restroom designs to meet the new expectations of safe and healthy bathroom environments.
3. Public Health - The integration of technology and design in the development of innovative public health solutions opens up opportunities for public health agencies to collaborate with designers and manufacturers in promoting healthy behaviors in shared spaces.