CoinShares has announced the launch of an all-new algorithmic trading strategies tool dedicated to retail investors called 'HAL.' Of course, the new platform gets its name from the iconic AI system featured in Stanely Kubrick's film, '2001: A Space Odyssey.'
HAL will first launch in Europe, where Coinshares is based, before being rolled out internationally. The platform will provide investors with exclusive access to a series of trading algorithms that are focused specifically on the retail space. According to the company, HAL is meant to lessen the burden on investors who have to watch the market closely.
"You have to delegate some of the decision-making process to help you make the right choice," explained CoinShares CEO Jean-Marie Mognetti in a recent interview with The Block.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
CoinShares Launches an Algorithmic Trading Tool Called 'HAL'
1. Retail Investing Algorithms - The emergence of HAL shows that there is potential for more algorithmic tools that cater to retail investors.
2. Algorithmic Trading Strategies - The development of algorithms that can aid investors in their decision-making process opens up a new market for financial technology startups.
3. Delegating Decision-making to Algorithms - The trend of delegating the decision-making process to automated systems creates opportunities for developers and investors to come up with innovative solutions.
1. Fintech - The development of trading algorithms can give fintech companies a competitive edge in offering solutions to investors.
2. Retail Investing - Tools like HAL will make retail investing more accessible and convenient, which could lead to growth in this industry.
3. Artificial Intelligence - The use of AI in tools like HAL highlights the growing importance of artificial intelligence in the financial industry.