This year's New York Fashion Week will be preceded by its much anticipated Hackathon 2013 event. The competition comes from a partnership launched between Google, Klout, Microsoft and Singly, enabling participants to make use of the leading tech forums.
Hackathon 2013 will take place between February 9th - 10th. The architects behind the contest will take cues from the online versions of Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and Marie Claire.
Only 24 hours will be given to the contestants. The person who takes home the award for most innovative smartphone application will also be provided with $10,000, VIP entry to New York Fashion Week and a mentorship placement with Hearst Magazines. The #HearstFashionHack hash tag will keep Twitter followers up to date.
The Hacktathon 2013 Event Celebrates Technology
1. Fashion-tech Synergy - Integrating technology with fashion, creating apps that enhance the fashion industry.
2. Social Media Branding - Developing apps that help brands create their social media presence by providing a gamification experience.
3. Fashion App Competition - Creating a competition to promote and encourage the development of innovative fashion apps.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry has the opportunity to benefit from innovative technology and mobility solutions.
2. Technology - The technology industry has the opportunity to collaborate with the fashion industry to create innovative wearable technology products.
3. Publishing - The publishing industry can tap into technology advancements to engage wider audience for their brands through app development.