Steig Larsson's novel The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo isn't just getting the Hollywood treatment, it's getting a fashion makeover with the newly announced H & M Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Collection.
H & M's new collection will be inspired by David Fincher's take on the novel with the protagonist Lisbeth Salander being the focal point of inspiration. The Swedish brand has hired the film's costume designer Trish Summerville to create 30 pieces to bring the character's tough, punk-rock personality to life. The H & M Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Collection will consist of distressed jeans, hacker-issue hoodies, leather racing jackets, graphic tees and more. Want fashion with style, grit and attitude? This is it.
The collection will debut at Colette in Paris on November 28th. It will launch online and in H & M divided departments on December 14th.
H & M Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Collection Brings the Attitude
1. Punk Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Integrate punk-inspired elements into mainstream fashion lines to attract a younger, edgier demographic.
2. Film-inspired Fashion Collections - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Collaborate with film production companies to create fashion collections inspired by iconic characters, bringing a unique and cinematic style to the market.
3. Fashion Accessibility - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Develop fashion collections that are accessible both in terms of price and availability, reaching a wider consumer base and challenging the traditional exclusivity of high fashion.
1. Fashion Retail - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Embrace unconventional designs and alternative fashion styles to attract the attention of a diverse customer base and stand out in a competitive market.
2. Film and Entertainment - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Partner with fashion brands to create exclusive merchandise inspired by popular films, offering fans a unique and immersive way to connect with their favorite stories.
3. Online Retail - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Utilize e-commerce platforms to launch exclusive fashion collaborations, tapping into the digital market and reaching a global audience of fashion-conscious consumers.