What is amazing about this campaign is that creating awareness doesn’t require a giant marketing budget, but excellent ideas. This TV spot, by 'Music is Life,' in collaboration with Red Cross, and the radio station Studio Brussel, is a great one!
For one week, Belgian viewers saw a little boy racing in on big TV shows like the news, various talk shows with prominent guests and even the Sport. He ran straight for the glass of water at the side of the table in the studio and drank like he hadn’t drank for weeks, then ran off before anyone could say a word.
All this created a stream of media attention. They wondered who the boy was and why he kept running onto television sets. All Music is Life had to do was claim their involvement with the ad. When they did, their charity show raised 3,353,568 Euros in 6 days for clean drinking water.
Now that is something to cheer for.
Clean Drinking Water by Music is Life
1. Low-budget Guerrilla Ads - The rise of creative low-budget advertising campaigns like Music is Life's accidental guerrilla TV ad presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for small businesses and non-profit organizations to gain exposure without breaking the bank.
2. Viral Stunts for Fundraising - Non-profit organizations can leverage viral stunts like Music is Life's accidental guerrilla TV ad to generate public awareness and raise funds for various causes.
3. Cause Marketing Collaborations - Brands that partner with non-profit organizations such as Red Cross and Studio Brussel for cause marketing campaigns like Music is Life's accidental guerrilla TV ad can create a positive impact while improving their brand image.
1. Advertising - The advertising industry can embrace low-budget guerrilla tactics like Music is Life's accidental guerrilla TV ad to offer more creative and cost-effective solutions to their clients.
2. Non-profit - Non-profit organizations can adopt the use of viral stunts like Music is Life's accidental guerrilla TV ad to raise more funds for various causes and amplify their impact.
3. Music & Entertainment - Music groups and performers like Music is Life can collaborate with organizations and brands to create innovative campaigns that promote social good and generate public awareness.