The GreenPocket app is a new app from the German company of the same name that turns cutting energy use into a competition. The app is designed to keep you informed of your energy consumption and lets you broadcast your green living to your friends via Facebook.
The idea behind the GreenPocket app is that your Facebook friends will see how well you are doing (and how much money you're saving) and want to beat you. Friends can stat track each other in weekly energy use contests to see who is doing the best at turning the lights off and cutting power consumption during peak hours. Competition brings out the best in people, and if used in the right way it could make the world a lot greener.
The GreenPocket App Challenges Your Friends to Go Green
1. Gamified Energy Reduction - The GreenPocket app taps into the power of competition to encourage users to reduce their energy consumption.
2. Social Energy Tracking - The app allows users to share their energy consumption data with their friends on Facebook, promoting accountability and friendly competition.
3. Peer-to-peer Energy Efficiency - Friends can compare and compete with each other in energy use contests, fostering a sense of community and collaboration in sustainable living.
1. Energy Tracking and Management - The GreenPocket app presents an opportunity for companies in the energy tracking and management industry to develop gamified solutions that engage users in reducing energy consumption.
2. Social Media - The app's integration with Facebook opens up opportunities for social media platforms to incorporate energy usage tracking and challenges into their offerings.
3. Smart Grid Technology - The GreenPocket app aligns with the goal of smart grid technologies to promote energy efficiency, presenting an opportunity for companies in this industry to collaborate and integrate their solutions with the app.