Based in Washington, DC, the Green Business Network is an offshoot of Green America and works to create a networking and resource opportunity for social and environmental companies in the United States. There are over 5,000 businesses and enterprises that belong to the network and many of them you have likely already heard of including Clif Bars, Organic Valley, Seventh Generation and Guayaki Organic Yerba Mate.
It's a certification system akin to B Corporations in which consumers can make decisions based on whether or not a product or service has the Green America Seal of Approval. The organization calls itself "the nation's first and largest network of socially and environmentally reponsible businesses."
Green Business Network website
Green Business on Facebook
Green Business on Twitter
Green Business on LinkedIn
Green Business Network is a Certification for American Companies
1. Certification Systems - A trend in which consumers make decisions based on whether a product or service has a certification seal, like the Green America Seal of Approval.
2. Green Business Network - A trend in which businesses and enterprises network and collaborate to create social and environmental impact, as exemplified by the Green Business Network.
3. Socially and Environmentally Responsible Businesses - A trend in which businesses prioritize both social and environmental factors in their operations, as seen with the Green America Seal of Approval.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies, such as Clif Bars and Organic Valley, can benefit from the certification system to highlight their commitment to social and environmental responsibility.
2. Household and Personal Care - Companies in the household and personal care industry, like Seventh Generation, can leverage the Green America Seal of Approval to attract environmentally conscious consumers.
3. Sustainable Agriculture - Sustainable agriculture businesses, such as Guayaki Organic Yerba Mate, can utilize the Green Business Network to connect with other like-minded enterprises and share best practices.