The Giles collection for Fall/Winter 2015/2016 graced the London fashion week stage and featured an abundance of pleather and velvet pieces that were a translation of today's Goth fashion. In addition to the collection's wool capes, velvet dresses and Elizabethan collars, its most memorable element was its dramatic makeup.
Models including Kendall Jenner and Lily Donaldson donned washed-out makeup looks that were accented with black lipstick applications. Blending historical and contemporary inspirations, this womenswear range defies convention and embraces Gothic styles in a way that is wearable.
Refining the dramatic Goth fashion aesthetic, the Giles collection for Fall/Winter 2015/2016 will appeal to fans of monochromatic outfit pairings. The collection's black and white looks are showcased alongside vibrantly hued outerwear staples and sculptural gowns that are also displayed in a lighter palette.
Image Credit: Visual Optimism
The Latest Giles Collection Boasts Dramatic and Luxe Elements
1. Monochromatic Outfit Pairings - The trend of monochromatic outfit pairings presents an opportunity to create all-black or all-white collections with dramatic and luxe elements.
2. Historical and Contemporary Blend - Blending historical and contemporary inspirations in fashion allows for the creation of unique and wearable designs with Gothic styles.
3. Dramatic Makeup Looks - The trend of dramatic makeup looks, such as washed-out makeup and black lipstick, offers opportunities for beauty brands to innovate and create bold and edgy products.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore the development of collections that combine elements of Goth fashion with historical and contemporary inspirations.
2. Beauty - The beauty industry can capitalize on the trend of dramatic makeup looks by creating products that cater to the demand for bold and edgy aesthetics.
3. Design - Designers can leverage the trend of monochromatic outfit pairings to create visually striking collections with dramatic and luxe elements.