A new W Magazine fashion shoot showed Gisele Bundchen emulating an ostrich, proving that puffy, ruffled blouses and dresses are back in. Gisele flies away in clouds of tulle, satin, and organza, that almost look ready for a lift-off in a spread entitled, “Kiss The Sky” in the August 2008 issue of W Magazine.
Photographed by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott and styled by Alex White, Gisele flies away in an Alexander McQueen white silk tulle dress, black Roberto Cavalli silk organza dress, Givency polyamide lame dress, Christian Lacroix satin and cotton dress and Dior silk satin dress and other puffy creations.
I love the photography and art direction. The contrast of the colors under the desert’s scorching sun with the beauty of the dresses and the excellence of Gisele in those flying poses make for an amazing spread.
Gisele seems everywhere this month, especially one letter magazines. Here she is on three covers of V Magazine.
Gisele Kisses The Sky in W Magazine
1. Cloud Fashion - Opportunity in creating puffy, cloud-like designs and materials for the fashion industry.
2. Avian-inspired Fashion - Opportunity in creating designs and materials based on ostrich feathers and characteristics for the fashion industry.
3. Desert-inspired Fashion - Opportunity in creating designs and materials inspired by the colors and environment of the desert for the fashion industry.
1. Fashion - Opportunity in creating new and innovative designs and materials for the fashion industry.
2. Photography and Art Direction - Opportunity to create unique and visually appealing photographs and art direction for fashion shoots and spreads.
3. Magazines - Opportunity to showcase and promote new trends and fashion through magazine spreads and covers.