Get out your tennis rackets, because sporty dresses are in! Escada Sport and DKNY both showed versions of this trend in their recent shows. A look usually saved for the tennis playing ladies of the world, the sporty dress is leaving the court and hitting the street.
The DKNY dress pictured is so wearable and trendy with its use of one of this seasons most fashionable colours - royal blue. Who would expect any less from the comeback queen miss Karan? The colorful collection put forth by Donna Karan shows that Spring/Summer 2009 is going to be anything but dull, and cheerfully colorful.
So, no need to break a sweat playing sports. Put on one of this season’s airy sport dresses and keep cool.
DKNY Brings Court Sports to Couture For Spring 2009
1. Sporty Dress Trend - Sporty dresses are leaving the court and hitting the street as a new fashion statement.
2. Colorful Collections Trend - Spring/Summer 2009 fashion is making a statement with colorful collections.
3. Athletic Fashion Trend - Athletic fashion is becoming more mainstream with sports-inspired dresses.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry has an opportunity to tap into the growing trend of sporty and athletic-inspired dresses.
2. Sports Industry - The sports industry can expand its offerings to include more stylish clothing options for female athletes.
3. Retail Industry - Retailers can cater to the demand for sporty and colorful dresses by offering a variety of options that fit different lifestyles.