Delta is the first U.S. Carrier to announce true lie-flat seats in international business class in early of 2008 The personal sleepers feature a leading entertainment system, digital video and music in every suite, a reclining seat (6-foot 3-inch bed), a privacy screen, fold-out video monitor, footrest and personal stowage compartment. Customers will also enjoy a new menu from celebrity chef Michelle Bernstein, original wines and in-seat entertainment.
Implications - Traveling for extended periods of times and distances can often be tiring, taxing and stressful. Companies who can create a travel experience in which flyers are able to relax and enjoy their time in the air will large returns in today's jet-setting industry. Many consumers do not want to sacrifice their lavish lifestyles and catering to this desire will bring brands success and a loyal following.
Flying in Style
1. Luxury Travel - Creating a travel experience that allows flyers to relax and enjoy their time in the air presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the jet-setting industry.
2. Personalized Entertainment - Integrating leading entertainment systems and digital media in airline seats provides opportunities for disruptive innovation in in-flight entertainment.
3. Gourmet In-flight Dining - Offering celebrity chef-inspired menus and original wines on airplanes opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in the airline catering industry.
1. Aviation - Innovations in lie-flat seats and luxurious in-flight amenities can disrupt the aviation industry by attracting high-end travelers and setting new standards.
2. Entertainment - Advancements in in-flight entertainment systems and personalized media can disrupt the entertainment industry by enhancing the on-board passenger experience and creating new revenue streams.
3. Hospitality - Revolutionizing in-flight dining and offering a high-end travel experience can disrupt the hospitality industry by tapping into the luxury travel market and catering to affluent travelers.