Watching television will never be the same when the flexible TV displays from LG are officially released. The OLED panels are so malleable that they can be rolled up tightly like a poster to a radius of just 1.2 inches without affecting the display at all. Not only does this have exciting possibilities in terms of portability, but the design of television sets can be reinterpreted as well.
The Korean electronic manufacturer's flexible TV displays are expected to be put into technology as soon as 2017. Although flexible TV displays are been around for years, this ushers in a new level of quality. Measuring 18 inches, it comes with 1,200 x 800 resolution. One of the LG OLED panels is also transparent, which gives people to ability to see objects through them.
LG Develops an OLED Panel that Can Be Rolled Up Like a Poster
1. Flexible Electronics - The development of flexible OLED panels presents opportunities for the creation of new devices and products with flexible components.
2. Portable Displays - The ability to roll up TV displays has the potential to revolutionize the portability of display technology, opening up possibilities for new products that are easier to transport.
3. Transparent Displays - Transparent OLED panels offer opportunities for developing products that integrate the physical world with digital content, such as augmented reality devices.
1. Consumer Electronics - The development of flexible OLED panels introduces new possibilities for the design and manufacturing of electronic devices in the consumer electronics industry.
2. Advertising - Transparent OLED panels open up new possibilities for marketing and advertising, as messages can be displayed on see-through surfaces and integrated with surrounding environments.
3. Entertainment - The ability to roll up TV displays presents possibilities for the entertainment industry in creating new devices for mobile viewing, as well as new ways of displaying content in public spaces.