Famed and much-sought after photographer Steven Meisel shot a wonderful editorial called 'Girls on Film' featuring veteran, but still gorgeous, supermodel Linda Evangelista.
The editorial displays Evangelista in all kinds of weird but confident-looking poses. The model was wearing very outlandish and extravagant clothes of mostly neutral colors with just a hint of light pink.
The outfits were varied and complex, but in my opinion, the predominant fabric--if there was one--was lace.
Evangelista wore a varied collection of outfits which included tight dresses as well as flowing gowns of disparate design.
The shoes and headwear were just as extravagant and they included nondescript hats which reminded me of the Mardi Grass or the Rio de Janeiro Carnivals.
Finally, the white make-up on Evangelista’s face was also very carnavalesque.
“Girls on Film” by Linda Evangelista
1. Fashion Editorials - Opportunity for fashion brands to create innovative and avant-garde designs for editorial shoots.
2. Intricate Lace - Potential for lace manufacturers to develop new and intricate lace designs for fashion industry.
3. Extravagant Accessories - Chance for accessory designers to create bold and extravagant headwear and shoes for fashion editorials.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunities in creating unique and avant-garde fashion designs.
2. Textile - Opportunity for textile manufacturers to develop new and intricate lace fabrics.
3. Accessory - Chance for accessory industry to design bold and extravagant headwear and shoes for fashion editorials.