This warrior-inspired womenswear collection by Fernanda Fernandes defies convention with its one-of-a-kind design aesthetic. Its Latin name “Quinto Simia”, can be translated to "Fifth Ape", a popular phrase used as a substitute for human being.
Designer Fernanda is based in Amsterdam, Netherlands and is a recent graduate from the Amsterdam Fashion Institute. For her latest line, the fashion creator referenced a theme of human evolution and developed a versatile clothing collection that is made up of protective garments and sculptural mask accessories.
Exploring the constant tension between our primal instincts and our moral mind, the "Quinto Simia" collection by Fernanda Fernandes pairs structured corsets and weather-proof fur coats with caged mask accessories that take on an ape-like structural form. When worn, these wire-frame masks allow a humans to take on an animalistic form.
The Fernanda Fernandes Quinto Simia Collection is Conceptually Protective
1. Warrior-inspired Womenswear - Opportunity to disrupt the fashion industry by creating unique and unconventional clothing designs that challenge traditional gender norms.
2. Primal Instincts Vs Moral Mind - Opportunity for the development of products that explore the delicate balance between our innate primal instincts and our evolved moral consciousness.
3. Sculptural Mask Accessories - Opportunity to revolutionize the accessories market by designing avant-garde masks that blur the line between fashion and art.
1. Fashion - The urban warrior apparel trend presents a chance for fashion brands to incorporate bold and edgy designs into their collections.
2. Art - The sculptural mask accessories trend offers artists the opportunity to marry fashion and art by creating unique and thought-provoking wearable sculptures.
3. Accessories - The emergence of sculptural mask accessories creates a disruptive opportunity for the accessories industry to offer innovative and avant-garde products.