The Fang shoe from Iris van Herpen and United Nude is perhaps the fiercest piece of footwear ever created. This ferocious wedge was created for Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture in Paris. Each shoe features 10 fangs apiece and comes in several different colors and styles.
Creating the Fang shoe is not as simple as throwing a set of extremely long teeth onto a pair of wedges and calling it a day. Creating the fangs is a lengthy process, with each fang made using carbon fiber and fiber glass mixed together in a slow molding process. These shoes wowed the audience at the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture, but there was no confirmation as to whether or not they would ever make it to market.
Iris van Herpen and United Nude's Fang Shoe is Literally Long in the Tooth
1. Couture Footwear - Opportunity for high-end designers to create unique, sculptural shoes that push the boundaries of traditional fashion.
2. Eco-friendly Shoe Materials - Exploration of sustainable material options such as recycled plastics or biodegradable materials to create sculptural footwear without compromising the environment.
3. Sculptural Wedges - An opportunity for footwear designers to create unique, gravity-defying wedges that serve both functional and aesthetic purposes.
1. High-end Fashion - Designers can explore new and innovative materials and shapes to push the boundaries of haute couture and create statement pieces.
2. Sustainable Fashion - Couture designers can experiment with eco-friendly materials and production processes to ensure their creations are both stunning and sustainable.
3. Performance Footwear - Athletic footwear companies can experiment with alternative materials and sculptural shapes to create high-performance, unique shoes that stand out on the field or in the gym.