Mr. Stanley's English desserts were rebranded with 'Nik and Carole's' illustrations.
When thinking about Britain, some of the imagery that comes mind for people who are not English is of telephone booths, grand architecture, tour buses and the English flag. These are the same images that the artists chose to cover the tins and cardboard packaging of Mr. Stanley's English desserts. The brand includes different desserts that English people often eat while drinking tea -- including biscuits, toffee and fudge. The cream-colored, red and blue packaging of these desserts has been designed to appeal to international markets that might find the imagery charming.
England is a country that is often romanticized and Mr. Stanley's takes advantage of that fact by using stereotypical and nostalgic imagery to market itself to non-English people.
These Desserts are Adorned with Stereotypical British Illustrations
1. Nostalgic Imagery - Using nostalgic and stereotypical imagery in product packaging to market to international markets.
2. International Appeal - Designing product packaging with international appeal to attract international customers.
3. Cultural Representation - Representing a country's culture and using it in product packaging to cater to international customers.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can explore using nostalgic imagery and cultural representation in their packaging to appeal to international markets.
2. Tourism - The tourism industry can use nostalgic and stereotypical imagery to promote their destinations to international markets.
3. Retail - The retail industry can explore using cultural representation in their packaging and in-store displays to attract international customers.